Choosing a Managed Service Provider can be challenging, especially when your organization has specific needs that have to be addressed. So how do you choose the best Managed Service Provider (MSP) as your partner? By simply vetting a Managed Service Provider before hiring them.
Partnering with an MSP and then finding out that they didn’t fit your organization's needs leads you to start from the beginning of your search adding unnecessary delays and frustration to your process.
We’re here to share what you should be looking for when researching prospective Managed Service Providers:
- Do you have experience providing IT support in my industry? To get the best support, you want an MSP who has experience in your industry and will understand the risks, challenges, expected pitfalls, and loopholes in your industry. The MSP must also have a general understanding of how your industry operates. This will provide far more value than a company that does not have any experience helping businesses in your industry.
- Can your agency handle my organization’s needs? You want to find out whether the MSP has sufficient resources and personnel to handle your organization's size easily without resorting to a subcontractor. It’s best for your business to work with a partner having the resources that can serve your business size. Your mind will be at ease knowing your IT needs will be met.
- What is included in your service contract? What services does the vendor provide? Does the contract include monitoring, IT support, compliance, security and backup, crisis management, and more? Working with a partner that provides everything you need will help you work, streamline your operations, and eliminate conflict and problems for your business.
- What are your availability hours and how fast does your IT support respond to needs — especially in an emergency? If your organization needs IT support 24/7, you don’t want an MSP that’s only available during their business hours. Issues can happen at any time of day, and you want a team answering the phone whenever you call.
- What steps would need to be taken to transition to your company? You want a smooth system transition to ensure continuity of work and operations while you migrate to the new Managed Service Provider. The MSP must be able to outline a plan proving that migrating to their services will be smooth and without disruption.
• Will you offer us a dedicated manager/team to cater to our needs? An MSP that has a manager and team assigned to your company can provide the services and support you need, when you need it.
Want honest answers to your questions about Managed Services? Contact us today and learn how PCS can be the Managed Service Provider that your organization needs.