Consider all of the information your company shares on a daily basis. From cell phones to tablets, laptops, and desktop computers, your staff and clientele are sharing all kinds of information (both public and private) on a daily basis. Keeping track of the information passed from device to device is vital to the health of your company.
There is a simple way to keep your IT safe – Mobile Device Management.
What is mobile device management?
Mobile device management (MDM) deals with deploying, securing, monitoring, integrating, and managing mobile devices, including cell phones, tablets, and laptop computers. MDM exists to keep your business functional by aligning your employee’s activity with corporate policies on secure mobile devices. From data segregation to securing emails and documents, mobile device management software is implemented to protect a company’s intellectual property.
How does mobile device management work?
Administrators monitor anything and everything that happens on a mobile device, including the distribution of applications, data, and configuration settings. A server component sends management commands to mobile devices while a client component receives and implements those commands. This software can detect devices within the network, sending them updates that provide optimal performance, synchronize files and sharing, implement data security tools, and technical support.
Benefits of MDM?
Mobile device management is necessary to keep any organization protected in the following ways:
- Compliance made easy. With mobile device management, it’s easy to monitor compliance initiatives and track usage through a centralized system.
- Save money on tech. Employees can utilize personal devices without compromising a company’s security. This lessens the costs associated with supplying employees with devices.
- Guaranteed security, 24/7. Being able to remotely monitor the security implemented on devices gives you complete and total control anywhere, any time of users, applications, updates, and more.
How do you choose a MDM service?
A superior mobile device management tool will:
- Be compatible with all handheld devices and their operating systems.
- Function through multiple service providers.
- Easily implement over the cloud.
- Deploy hardware, operating platforms, and applications quickly and effectively.
- Add or remove devices as needed to ensure the health of a company’s network.
Keeping track of each mobile device used within your corporation doesn’t have to be a challenge. Contact PCS to learn more about our Mobile Device Management services.