Cloud computing is a hot topic in the IT world right now, as it should be. With reduced IT costs, scalability and increased efficiency, there are a lot of benefits to moving to the cloud. Amazon Web Services, or AWS, is a cloud computing platform that offers a variety of services from database storage to analytics capabilities and security and compliance. AWS works by owning and maintaining the hardware and network that hosts these services. As a business, you are able to access your data and provision what you need through a web application or portal. This web portal makes the service easy to use and maintain.
Benefits of AWS
Moving to the cloud can save you time and money. From securing data to improving the end-user experience, there are many ways AWS can benefit you as a business:
- Cost savings: With cloud services, you do not need to maintain or invest in hardware, saving you money. AWS is “pay as you go,” meaning you only pay for the resources you use. You no longer need to over-provision your servers and plan your infrastructure to anticipate your growth needs. Cloud services are scalable, meaning they can easily grow with you as your business does.
- Reduce latency: Reduce or eliminate interruptions or delays for the end-user and enhance their user experience.
- Trusted platform: AWS is a trusted service for many companies. Enterprise businesses, startups and public sector companies alike use AWS as their cloud computing solution.
- Disaster recovery/redundancy: AWS is built with redundancy in mind, and their infrastructure is spread throughout different regions to ensure data is always secure and available.
- Services: AWS is always adding new services. They strive to offer the latest in innovative technology so you can be sure your business is on the cutting edge.
How to Migrate to AWS
Migrating to Amazon Web Services is a big step for most companies. Having the right support can make the move to the cloud stress-free. PCS understands that there is a lot that goes into migrating and we can help you craft a plan tailored to your business and provide support along the way.
Migrating to the cloud can be broken down into three easy steps:
- Assessment: The first step in the process is to assess your business needs and existing IT infrastructure and come up with a migration plan. We can help you prioritize what needs to be moved first and how to configure everything once it has been moved. PCS can also help you determine which cloud features would benefit and complement your business and how much storage you need.
- Migration: The second step involves deciding which migration tool to use during the transition. There are various different tools that you can use to migrate your data to the cloud. PCS can help you decide which tool works best for your business based on your unique situation. We are there to answer any questions you have about the tools and how to choose the best one.
- Post-migration: Once all of the data and applications have successfully moved to the cloud, we move into the post-migration phase. In this phase, we test everything to make sure the migration was successful and everything transferred smoothly. Monitoring is important in this phase. You want to make sure everything is working correctly and identify any areas you can adjust to ensure systems are fully optimized.
AWS Server Support
When it comes to cloud computing, IT support is essential. Whether you are brand new to AWS and thinking about making the move, or you have already migrated and are looking for expert advice, PCS can help. We take the time to understand your business and needs to fully become an extension of your team. We provide instant, live IT support from our team of over 100 professionals. Our solutions are customizable and built to scale, meaning we can craft a support solution that fits your business model. There is a fixed monthly fee and no long term contracts, so you know exactly what you’re paying for each month. Already have AWS? Our AWS server support can answer any questions you have about strategy. Every time you contact us, you’ll speak with a live person who cares about getting you the best IT support possible.
Ready to make the move to AWS or have questions about what to do next? Let PCS help. Contact us for a quote to get started today!